King of Jazz is a Misc Short.
This revue presents its numbers around the orchestra leader Paul Whiteman, besides that it shows in it's final number that the European popular music are the roots of American popular music, called Jazz.
- An animated sequence created by Lantz and his staff at the request of Carl Laemmle for the 1930 Universal feature King of Jazz featuring Paul Whiteman and his band.
- The first color sound cartoon ever produced, predating Disney and Ub Iwerks
- Lantz's animated segment as well as the entire film itself was produced in Two-Strip Technicolor
- Bing Crosby provides the voice of the lion
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit has a cameo appearance.